Things occupying my mind, in no particular order, frequently simultaneously...
- Food - how to write about it, what to read next, a cogent theory of food (I can't settle on just one), what is the most healthy, the most affordable, why can't those be the same thing, and, of course, what will I be eating next.
- Teaching - I am always surprised, even having done it before and knowing what I need to do, how much time is spent thinking about the class I am teaching.
- Publishing - In following the online popular romance community, I've spent a lot more time thinking about publishing. Now that I work at an independent bookstore, I am thinking about it even more - and it is creating a bit of cognitive dissonance, because the bookseller and the reader are having to coexist inside my head.
- Writing - I am not doing enough - academic, personal, or food. I am just not. And I want to.
- Romance - the PCA Romance Area CFP went out and I am torn - I want to do something with food (maybe w/ the Louisa Edwards chef books), but I don't want to move away from Nora Roberts - there is still so much to be explored in her work.
- Reading - working in a bookstore has not helped to diminish my TBR list. My theory habit also frequently leads to new texts. And then there's food writing, and cookbooks. There are simply not enough hours in the day. And that doesn't even touch on all the active communities online that I (want to) follow.
- Employment - really more accurately my tenuous state of employment, and the high potential for future unemployment. A worry that I know is shared by many.
- Family - how much I rely on certain members of my family, and how distant I feel from others.
- Organization - how to keep all these pockets of my life together, and to keep me sane while I am tugged in so many different directions...